A two-day intensive course aimed at chefs and business owners who wish to learn the art of making authentic pizza!
This is an unmissable professional course, certified by Don Antonio Starita, the internationally acclaimed author of the official Pizza Guide, used by all Master Pizzaiolos.
The next course will start in November 2017. At the end of the course, you will have a basic and structured knowledge of how to make authentic pizza, participants will receive the Master Pizzaiolo Starita-Bellavita Academy Certificate.
Classes will be held at the Bellavita Academy, a stone’s throw away from the river Thames and Tower Hill station.
The course lasts 12 hours, six hours a day, Thursday 30th November and Friday 1st December.
You will learn:
• Basic techniques and secrets for a traditional dough
• How to leaven your dough
• Cutting, shaping and rolling into balls
• Opening and stretching the dough
• Overview of traditional toppings
• Some practice using a professional pizza oven
The Starita Family
Antonio Starita got his hands into the dough at just 12 years old. Now a third-generation pizza-maker and owner of one of Naples’ oldest and most revered pizzerias, Starita is carrying his family’s Neapolitan tradition into the next generation. Indeed, not only has Pizzeria Starita a Materdei flourished under his ownership, it attracts crowds from well beyond the city limits.
With a successful business at home, Starita made his way to the United States opening Don Antonio in New York City. As authentic as stateside pizza gets, Starita’s Neapolitan pizzas quickly won local (and national) acclaim, voted “Best Pizza” by New York Magazine in its annual “Best of New York” issue, and featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and Food & Wine.
VALUE FOR YOUR BUSINESS
* Increased productivity – Training improves efficiency and productivity of employees. Well trained employees show both quantity and quality performance. There is less wastage of time, money and resources if employees are properly trained.
* Less supervision – A well trained employee will be well acquainted with the job and will need less of supervision. Thus, there will be less wastage of time and efforts.
* Customer experience – Better pizza means a better customer experience which translates into the opportunity to maximise positive reviews as well as the profitability of your business.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Location: Bellavita Academy, 11C Dock Street, London E1 8JN
Duration: 2 days – Thu 30th November/ Fri 1st December from 9.30am – 3.30pm, 6 hours each day
Attendees: max 12 people
Attendance: minimum 90%
Certificate: Starita-Bellavita Certificate of Attendance
Test your skills: making pizza for the public for Bellavita Pizza Night at the end of the course
Course Fee: £449
Limited places available.
The advanced professional pizzaiolo master qualification will be take place in January 2018
For more information about both courses please fill the below form